Acne Scar Treatment
What causes Acne?
No one factor causes acne. Acne occurs when sebaceous oil glands attached to the hair follicles are stimulated at the time of puberty due to hormonal changes. Sebum (oil) is a natural substance that lubricates the skin. If you have acne-prone skin it is important to not overstimulate the skin when doing your facial cleansing. Our ZO Obagi medical acne kit contains a sulfur treatment to dry out excess sebum.
- High Frequency Cleaning- This treatment kills the acne bacteria by using high frequency. Prices start at $89
- ZO Obagi Sulfur & Chemical Peel- Combining a medical facial & peel is a great way to not only exfoliate the skin but to also dry out and prevent acne. Prices start at $149
- Microneedling & Hyaluronic acid – This treatment is performed to get rid of the acne scars once the acne is no longer active. It is also one of the most effective acne treatments for scars. Prices start at $199
- Procell Microchanneling with Stem Cell Microchanneling is similar to microneedling except that this method causes less damage to the skin. The serum used is a human growth factor stem cells that rebuild your skin’s collagen. Prices start at $299
- Radiofrequency – This treatment uses energy to stimulate collagen and elastin production.
Park Ave Cosmetic Center offers multiple acne scar treatments. The first goal is to get the acne under control before we can start treating the scars. Prices for acne treatments start at $149 per session. We utilize a mix of medical skin care, ultrasonic high frequency cleaning, and LED light therapy, as well as hydrafacial cleansing.
Once we are able to get the acne stabilized we can move on to treatments like the Procell stem cell microchanneling to decrease or eliminate the acne scars.