It’s fair to say that compared to ten or twenty years ago, the word Botox is a word that doesn’t seem quite as scary as it used to. Once a practice that was solely reserved for the rich and famous, Botox is a cosmetic treatment that has burst onto the mainstream scene and can now be explored and utilized by anyone in any kind of wealth or class demographic! Botox in Roswell is one of the most popular and commonly undertaken cosmetic procedures year upon year, and the trend seems to be on an upward trajectory. So, is Botox something that you have ever thought about? Here is everything you need to know about Botox.
- Botox comes from a neurotoxin that is produced by something called Clostridium botulinum. The word ‘toxin’ might scare you, but the facts are that when used in small doses, Botox can alleviate and help a lot of cosmetic and medical issues ranging from excessive sweating to wrinkles and more.
- The treatment works by injecting the Botox solution directly into chosen muscles and it blocks the local nerve impulses temporarily to give a wrinkle free, smoother, tighter complexion.
- You may have heard of Botox in Roswell being referred to as a ‘filler’, but this is actually not the case. The treatment provides a ‘filled in’ look for your wrinkles because it affects the muscles to make them no longer able to move in the ways that was causing the indentation lines on your face. The wrinkles are not being filled; they are simply not being allowed to occur because the facial muscles aren’t working in the usual way.
- In terms of recommended usage, it is generally advised that for a minor forehead treatment, a client needs approximately 20 units to be injected once every 3 months. For deeper wrinkles that are much more prevalent on the face, this dosage is increased to a larger 35 units every 3 months.
- So how long does Botox take to actually start working and make a visual difference? In general, the treatment will start to kick in and spark a noticeable change within 24 to 48 hours, and then lines will be visibly reduced at the 3 to 7 day mark. It’s worth nothing, however, that the full effect of a Botox treatment may not be visible until the 10 to 14 day mark. A lot of people make the mistake of being impatient, and that is when bad decisions are made with regards to number of units and regularity of procedure. Too much Botox is evident by things like a “stretched” look on the skin and lack of movement in the eyebrows.
Now that you are more informed, if Botox in Roswell is still something that you are interested in, the next step would be to research your nearest facilities to make a decision about where to have the procedure. Keep in mind that the better the reputation, the better the service is going to be, so always aim to enlist the services of a well reputed company like Park Ave Cosmetic.